Well, this is it! I'm now making the official announcement of the NaruTen 2012 Chinese New Year/Valentine’s Day Contest!
The following are the rules, etc.
NaruTen 2012 Chinese New Year/Valentine’s Day Contest
1) The contest will start on January 23, 2012 (Chinese New Year) and end on March 31, 2012 with a possible extension to April 30, 2012, if I receive enough notices from contestants who need more time to participate. Once the deadline has passed, one can not enter your entry.
2) The theme for the contest is the Chinese New Year/Valentine’s Day theme. The artist can choose to draw Naruto and Tenten celebrating one of the three following options - 1) Chinese New Year, 2) Valentine's Day, or 3) combination of #1 and 2, a Chinese New Year/Valentine's Day celebration. Artists are freed to draw up anything as long it fits one of the three. (Example: Naruto and Tenten celebrate Chinese New Year at the beach.) So let your imagination go wild.
Note: This year will be the Year of the Dragon for the Chinese New Year. Just mentioning this so artists/writers can use the dragon in their works if they desire.
2b) Fanfic writers are welcome to participate in the Fanfic section of the contest. Fanfics should be one-shots with more than 3000+ words and no more than rated T in rating (No lemons or even limes). Same options applied for writers as for artists – choose one of the three in what Naruto and Tenten would be celebrating.
3) Every artist/writer on DA is welcome to participate, including Members/Watchers of the NaruTen Club. Only one entry per contestant is allowed. All entries must be placed in the NaruTen Contest folder in the gallery. The folder will be modified to allow non-members/watchers to enter their entries by simply going to the folder and press the contribute button.
4) All art/fic entries should be tasteful. No nudity that displays naughty parts. No hentai. No blood & gore. Fic entries should be no more than rated T. All entries will be screened before being allowed to be display. Any entries that are not tasteful will be disqualified.
5) All entries must be drawn or written by the artists/writers postdated after January 21, 2012. Commissions will not count. Art must be digital or traditional drawn, therefore, screen-shots, edits, bases, and traces are forbidden. Requests are okay given they are not paid commissions.
6) Art Collaborations are allowed as long as there is equal work between the collaborators. Say one artist draws the lineart, while another does the coloring, shading, etc.
7) Each contestant will be given 20-points “Thank you!” award for his/her entry.
8) Both the art and fanfic contests require a minimum number of entries by the deadline for each to be properly held – 5 entries minimum for the Art contest and 3 entries minimum for the Fic contest. If the minimum number is not met, the contest(s) will be cancelled, and any contestants will be given 100-points consolation prize as a “Thank you” for participating.
9) After the deadline has past, the voting process will begin. Voting will only be allowed to Members/Watchers of the NaruTen Club. All Members/Watchers are encouraged to participate in the voting process to determine the two art winners and one fanfic winner. Each Member/Watcher is to send a Note to the Founder (JuPMod) with his/her choices for 1st and 2nd best art and 1st best fic. Points will be given to each best art and fic- 5 points for 1st art and 3 points for 2nd art, and 3 points for 1st fic. At the end of the voting process, the art with the most points win 1st Place, the second highest number of points win 2nd Place, and the fic with the highest number of points wins 1st Place for Fics.
Note: Yes, Members/Watchers can vote for his/her own art. Just with this voting system, no one can stuff the ballot, as public voting can become when artists/writers try to encourage friends to vote for him/her.
All votes are final. Once a Member/Watcher cast his/her vote, he/she can not change his/her vote. Therefore, a Member/Watcher should be certain of his/her choices for 1st and 2nd for best art, and 1st best fic before he/she send in the Note, with the three choices, to the Founder.
10) Winners for 1st and 2nd Art Places, and 1st Fic Place are given a choice of three prizes, all of equal value...
1st Art Place - 1 Year DA subscription or 2400 points or $30 (USD)
2nd Art Place - 6 Month DA subscription or 1280 points or $16 (USD)
1st Fic Place - 3 Month DA subscription or 640 points or $8 (USD)
All cash prizes can only be given if the winners have PayPal for easy transfer. If a winner does not have a PayPal account, he/she have to choose one of the other two prizes.
All prizes are final. Once the transaction is complete, the winner can not change his/her mind. Therefore, winners must be certain of his/her choice before telling the Founder of his/her decison.
For art collaborated winners, prizes will be split equally between the artists.
Well, that’s the rules for the contest! I hope that many enter the contest and have fun in the process. I’m looking forward to what the artists/writers come up with.
If anyone have any questions, don't hesistate to ask.
Club's Galleries - NaruTen / Naruto / Tenten
Club's Collections - NaruTen / Naruto / Tenten
Outside Galleries /Affiliates and Members / Blogs / Video Vault
Naruto/Tenten Fanfiction.net fanfics - Fire & Wind Square Fanfiction Community